Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Good, the bad, the ugly?

As someone who is suffering through her third trimester in the summer I have discovered there are some definite perks to being this pregnant when it is this hot (large hot preggos are pitiful) but there are also some unexpected downsides as well.

First, the good - when you are pregnant in the summer no one expects you to wear panty hose! The bad - people still expect you to shave your legs.  Now those of you who have not been pregnant may wonder what this has to do with anything.  Let me enlighten you.  I too was excited when I first realized that all rules about appropriate business attire kind of go out the window when you are in your third trimester, particularly when it meant that I got a pass about wearing panty hose in a business situation (hose are a nasty hateful invention aren't they).  As I have found skirts and dresses much more comfortable I was particularly thrilled about this.

Of course while you get the pass from wearing panty hose you aren't given a pass from basic grooming requirements. This is not something I thought would ever be a problem. That is until I realized about a month ago that I can't lift my leg to shave in the shower anymore.  Nor can I bend over if it is on the shower floor.  Further execrating this issue is that when pregnant the combo of hormones and prenatal vitamins cause your hair to grow like crazy (great for hair on your head and nails not so much for your legs).

This problem really left me stumped for quite awhile.  I mean what am I supposed to do?  It is too uncomfortably hot to wear pants but god my legs looked like an overweight Italian man's.  After much experimentation and debate I think I have found a solution.  Post-shower, I now sit in the tub and shave as much of my leg as I can reach.  Right now this lets me shave to the top of my knee and I figure that s good enough.  I am not sure what I am going to do when I can only shave my ankle.  Give up all attempts at grooming perhaps.........

G

3 comments:

  1. Come on G, use that cheerleader flexibility that I know you still have:) I have laughed so hard that I about peed my pants reading this! Thanks for making my day better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is when you make that hubby of your shell out for you to get your legs waxed at the salon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asra my husband asked me how much waxing costs as he felt that it might be worth it. But then I gave him the price and his cheap butt almost died. So hairy legs it is : )

    ReplyDelete