Tuesday, August 4, 2009

And next stop

Today we are leaving London which is sad. We are heading to Mt. Snowdon National Park which is Wales. We are going to take a brief tour of it via the Mt. Snowdon RR which takes you up to the top of the highest point which shockingly is (drumroll please) Mt. Snowdon. From there we are heading to Holyhead to spend the night. We are staying in a cute little waterfront place. It is a shame we won't get in until like 10 tonight so no real enjoyment of the cute little waterfront place.

Tomorrow at noon we'll catch an Irish Ferry to Dublin to begin our exploration of that city. The plan is to do the Guinness factory tomorrow afternoon. Personally, I don't like dark beer and don't like Guinness in the U.S. Yes children pick your jaws up off the floor there is in fact booze I don't like. But I hear it is completely different from the plant. Apparently they change their recipes for the beer when it is shipped something like 60 miles from the plant. I am looking forward to tasting Irish Mother's Milk as it was meant to be tasted.

I am just exhausted - exhausted I tell you. I am lucky I didn't just collapse when I picked up my backpack this morning. It is a three hour train ride to the park so I think I may sleep part of the way.

Cheerio folks!
Gena

No comments:

Post a Comment