Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What day is this? Is this a, uhhh....

Hey all, it's Mike. I don't have an account, of course, so using Gena's. London has been great. Kind of like a mashed up version of NYC and DC, yet slightly cleaner than both with crazier traffic patterns.

Let's discuss traffic, btw. Driving here is insane. Don't ever do it. Especially don't do it when you're operating on three hours of sleep and haven't driven on the right side of the road before. Actually, you get used to that pretty fast (I only hit one curb!), but the traffic pattern is just crazy. Since I only ran one red light (endangering only a few pedestrians) out of sheer fear of being in the wrong lane, I consider the experience a success.

Also, learned that King Henry VIII would have been an ODNR stakeholder! Hopefully we'll get some pics up of that if we haven't already. Maybe he could call legislators on our behalf next budget...

5 comments:

  1. Well sir, congrats on the driving! I'm glad to hear you didn't run out of gas. I had my beast of a ride primed and ready for action to come to the rescue, but I see now that isn't necessary! I'm glad your trip seems to be going as planned. Let me tell you, you have missed... well you have missed nothing here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked in on the house and everything is still standing. I have to say it is weird being in your house without you guys there. Don't worry, I only went through the underwear drawers. I am saving the other drawers for another trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U R MY BROTHER AND I LOVE U BUT YOUR DRIVING DOES NOT SURPRISE ME ONE BIT....SEENS HOW U DID ALMOST GET US ALL CRUSHED IN BETWEEN 2 SEMI'S. LOL CONTINUE TO HAVE MORE FUN AND WE WILL SEE U SOON. HUGS AND KISSES FROM THE KIDS. WE LOVE U GUYS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, today I learned that I've been designated the Sheltons "blog-reader/reporter" because in the span of 20 minutes, Rich, Susan and Jason all said to me, "what's going on with Mike and Gena?" I tried to re-create Gena's description of the pseudo-pagans but my rendition didn't elicit any laughs. Not even a titter! I was cracking up, though, when I read it.

    So, we're all glad you two are having fun and cashing in on all the hard work you did with the budget and the bar exam. Travel safely and watch out for those haughty Irish folk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike - Jim here. We'll catch up when you get back. Christy and I shared a good laugh today talking about you driving in Europe. We get lost in our own back yards. I can't imagine the European experience :) Good things.

    ReplyDelete